By - Sour
After the jump is a message from Gaz from Hull who's the temporary Yorkshire Team manager regarding selection for Yorkshire at the BNCs 30 April - 1 May 2011.
I am pleased to announce that the schedule for selecting the Yorkshire Squad for the 2011 BNC's has finally been agreed upon. The squad this year will be coached by Tom Wenham, assisted by Gaz Morgan (both from Sheffield Steelers). The squad is open to any player currently representing a Yorkshire Club or University (As defined by the ELA). It is also open to those born in Yorkshire, but playing outside the county at present.
Yorkshire Clubs - Sheffield University (NEMLA), Sheffield Steelers, Nottingham LC, Leeds LC, Hull LC, York University & Newcastle LC
Yorkshire Universities - Newcastle, Northumbria, Durham, York, Hull, Leeds, Leeds Met, Sheffield, Sheffield Hallam, Lincoln, Nottingham, Nottingham Trent
A 23-man squad will be selcted for the BNC's, with a limit of 5 non-EU players in the team.
- Sunday 6th March, Leeds LC. 11am-4:30pm
- Open to NEMLA Premier 3 and below, Universities & Non-Yorkshire Club players.
- At this trial, a squad will be selected to play as the Yorkshire Presidents squad at the Yorkshire Cup.
- Sunday 20th March, Sheffield Steelers LC
- This will be used as a trial for those in the Presidents squad and those who play in NEMLA Premier 1 & 2.
- Sunday 27th March, Venue TBC (Either Leeds LC or Sheffield Steelers)
- This will be the final trial to select the squad for the BNC's.
If you wish to attend the first trial on Sunday 6th March, please can you supply me with the following information:
Club/University (if non-Yorkshire we will need proof of eligibility)
Playing Experence (Level, Clubs, Representative Lacrosse)
Please either PM me these details or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and mark the email "Yorkshire Trials"
It will be free to trial. Any player wishing to play, but unable to make the first trial or Yorkshire Cup, please get intouch with myself. The coaches will then consider if you can be invited to the session on Sunday 27th March. If you cannot make this session, you will not be considered for the final squad.
If you have any queries or questions please get intouch and I will answer them ASAP.
Temporary Yorkshire Manager"
Previews, match reports and general musings from the Toon and beyond.